Creating a Learner-centered 1:1 Environment
Welcome to One-to-One Institute's eCourse, “Creating a Learner-centered 1:1 Environment.” There are five modules within the course. Each module uses multiple means of representation and has video presentations, text resources, references, and activities that encourage teachers to include student voice and choice in their classroom, and begin the journey to personalize learning for all of their students. The 5 modules include:
Module One: Increasing Learner Voice and Choice in the 1:1 Classroom
Module Two: Understanding How Learners Learn Best
Module Three: Learners as Co-designers and Partners in Learning
Module Four: What is an Effective 1:1 Learning Environment
Module Five: Communicating the Shift to a Learner-centered 1:1 Environment
Note that there are also "FAQs" and "Tutorials" tabs where you can find information about how to use the forum, the activities, and course tools. Under the Forum tab you also have links to the discussion threads where you will post your reflections during each module.
We hope you enjoy the course and keep us posted about the transformation of learning in your classroom.
The course can be taken in a number of ways.
- Individual teachers can sign up and take the course on their own, unfacilitated
- Groups of teachers can be enrolled by their district, and can take the course:
- Together, but unfacilitated by OTO or the district
- Together, and facilitated asynchronously by OTO or the district
- Together, and facilitated by OTO or the district with a combination of synchronous and asynchronous elements
- Together, in a blended fashion with a combination of face-to-face and online elements
Once you have decided on the delivery method that best suits your needs, just follow the simple registration directions below.
There are two registration methods for the course.
Option 1: You can sign up and pay for the course as an individual and take it:
- On your own time
- At your own pace
- Anywhere and anytime
- On your laptop, smartphone, or tablet!
Option 2: Register a group of teachers from your district to take the course in a customized way that best suits the needs of your teachers
For pricing and registration information for Option 2 please contact us at email@example.com.