One-to-One Institute supports a number of 1:1 computing showcase Sites in urban, suburban and rural locations around the country. These sites are successful models of 1:1 technology. Our Showcase Sites boast effective, vision-into-action teams (principals, teachers, technology coordinators), and demonstrate student-centered technology integration. Learners in these sites are self-directed, motivated, and enthusiastic. Many sites have evidence of increased student achievement as measured by standardized and other formative assessment tools.
Showcase sites provide numerous professional learning opportunities including:
- Modeling of meaningful technology/instructional lessons
- An overview of leadership for change in schools
- Methods for sustaining technology-rich instruction
- Workshops on software and content/curriculum applications
- Creation of a 'virtual' learning community dedicated to technology integration practices
- Debriefing and roundtable opportunities
- Documentation 'takeaways' for visitors to assist in their replication of showcase site best practices
To schedule a Showcase Site visit, or for information on how to become a One-to-One Institute Showcase Site, contact the One-to-One Institute office.